We’ve been back from London for about a week and I can’t even describe how much I fell in love with the city. Everything was better than I expected: the flight, the hotel, the food, the weather, the sites, the tube, the shopping. While we collect our thoughts and sort through the pictures, I want to share a few pictures to try to sum up the trip (impossible!):
- Sites – Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Tower of London, and so many more!
- Food – pub food, Italian food, Chinese food, and Indian food (and more than that, but I can’t fit it all on this small collage)
- Beer – we honestly didn’t have too much beer, but we had enough. I rotated between beer, wine, and hot chocolate with baileys (at the Christmas markets)
- Relaxing – afternoon tea, walking through the parks, and shopping
- Day Trips – one to Brussels, Belgium and one to Bath, England
- Harry Potter sites – we visited Platform 9 3/4 (not the actual one used in the movie, unfortunately) and walked across Millennium Bridge, which was destroyed by Death Eaters in the beginning of the movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Markets – Borough Market, Portobello Market and Southbank Christmas Market
- And just the smallest bit of rain – we seriously lucked out with the weather. It really only rained one day we were there, with a few sprinkles here and there throughout the week.
We can’t wait to share more details!